King's Own Royal Regiment Museum

Lancaster

HOME
Museum & Collections
Sales
Donations
Events
Contact Us

REGIMENTAL HISTORY
17th Century
18th Century
19th Century
20th Century
First World War
Second World War
Actions & Movements
Battle Honours

FAMILY HISTORY
Resources
Further Reading

PHOTO GALLERY
ENQUIRIES
FURTHER READING
LINKS

Images are copyright, Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum.
 You must seek permission prior to publication of any of our images.


Soldiers of the Regiment

Lance Sergeant John Moss

Lance Sergeant John Moss, from Wigan, served with the 11th Battalion, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment between  21st October 1915 and 2nd October 1918 when he was discharged due to wounds.  His service with the 11th Battalion included a time as a sniper for which he was issued the binoculars and field glasses.  The Battalion War Diary of 25th December 1916 records "21206 Corporal J Moss, 'C' Company, to attend Sniping Course".


Army issued binoculars (field glasses) and leather case, issued to Lance Sergeant John Moss, 11th Battalion, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment.
Accession Number: KO2973/01-02


Telescope manufactured by J H Steward, of 457 and 406 Strand, 7 Greenchurch Street, London.
Accession Number: KO2973/03


Leather case for telescope.
Accession Number: KO2973/04


Number 11 Platoon of the 11th (Service) Battalion, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment.  John Moss, then a lance corporal, is photographed second from the right on the second row from the front.
Accession Number: KO2973/05


Lance Corporal John Moss of the 11th Battalion, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment.
Accession Number: KO2973/07


Corporal John Moss of the 11th Battalion, King's Own Royal Lancaster Regiment.
Accession Number: KO2973/08

Images are copyright, Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum.
 You must seek permission prior to publication of any of our images.

Only a proportion of our collections are on display at anyone time.  Certain items are on loan for display in other institutions.  An appointment is required to consult any of our collections which are held in store.

2013 Trustees of the King's Own Royal Regiment Museum